Hello Storm basketball players!!!
With Polyhockey season in full swing, I wanted to give you some information about the coming basketball season. This year, the State organization has changed Basketball from the Spring Games in March to the Summer Games in June. Our season will run from late March to late June. Here are some highlights:
1. Practices will start the week of March 19th and will run through the week of June 19th.
2. Practices will all be at Oakview Elementary (ISD 279) and will be evenings from 6:00-7:30 or 7:30-9:00. We will no longer be using Sunday AM practices. The State’s schedule change required us to consolidate practice locations from 3 sites to 1 site. This was to manage the overall cost of gym time.
3. The competition schedule this season is: Area tournament- Saturday, April 14th; Regional tournament-Sunday, May 13th and the State Tournament- June 22-24.
4. I’ll be getting out a practice schedule in the next week or so that will be posted on the OMGAA website’s Special olympics page.
5. We would love to have you all back playing with us again this season. If you have already registered….. thanks!!! If you have not registered, I’ve attached a form for you use.
6. Please feel free to email me with any questions you have.
Look forward to seeing many of you in March !!!